Kite Scoop Forum

Kite Scoop Forum

Login |  Register

Post subject: SSS Results
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 pm 
mantis
In case anyone was wondering.....

http://www.realwatersports.com/news/2012-triple-s-session-report-7/

Some sick footage coming in the next few weeks (hopefully)!

Brandon, Billy P and the Predator taking the top spots, and spliff master flex Craig Cunningham took Rookie of the Year!

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: SSS Results
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:29 am 
grasshopper
Was a fun event even though there was not much wind. Finally Triple S thows down a cash prize! $10,000 is a great start and will hopefully build from here

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm 
Site Admin
ohhhh cash prize, very nice! thats what it takes to make it work ;)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:43 am 
core whore!
I was sure Sam L would have shredtowned it... What happened???

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am 
mantis
usual with what happens over there every year...

this year rider votes only count for 1 out of 5 parts too...bit of a popularity contest went down...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 am 
core whore!
Damn son... I know Sam probably won and I wasn't even there hahaha.
I'm sure you gave it a pretty good crack to Jimborey, you and Tom were riding pretty decent down in France as well. All I can say is it would have been close between a few people in my books.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 pm 
core whore!
-CORDINA- wrote:
$10,000 is a great start and will hopefully build from here

Wow that's sick if true!

I heard mens winner got 1000 and womens got 200, so not sure if I heard wrong but I don't really see $10,000 anywhere in that calculation.

Any unbiased/ doesn't give a fuck kinda person who was there wanna give us the low down on the whole event? All I ever hear is mixed stories about this thing.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:01 pm 
core whore!
All these dudes will be at RoSham so that should be another chance to c what is good with possibly less biased judging than the SSS. All the people on the podium definitely kill it IMO along with lots of people not on the podium that kill it equally as hard.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:00 pm 
grasshopper
tweak wrote:
-CORDINA- wrote:
$10,000 is a great start and will hopefully build from here

Wow that's sick if true!

I heard mens winner got 1000 and womens got 200, so not sure if I heard wrong but I don't really see $10,000 anywhere in that calculation.

Any unbiased/ doesn't give a fuck kinda person who was there wanna give us the low down on the whole event? All I ever hear is mixed stories about this thing.

ya your correct with that...i meant to say total cash towards winnings my bad. I was injured during the whole event so I was shooting pics/video (I am in the works of editing it now) so I saw everyone ride.

It would've been a tough comp to judge bc everyone was killing it but Brandon and Rinstra rode the hardest and most in my opinion. Sam Light and Joe Riesito were killing it no doubt! Sam killed it on the kicker and joe was thowing the cleanest slims and KGB's ive seen in awhile (shoud've placed on slicks) BP was throwing some crazy stuff as well so i kind of agree with who won give or take one or two people out of the whole event...

It was light the whole week so they only got a couple days of riding, mainly a bunch of winching so if you were off one day then you didnt place. Strapless was super fun to watch this year tho, those kids killed it and we acually got some decent size waves (head high maybe some bigger).

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:34 am 
mantis
-CORDINA- wrote:
It would've been a tough comp to judge bc everyone was killing it but Brandon and Rinstra rode the hardest and most in my opinion.

It was light the whole week so they only got a couple days of riding, mainly a bunch of winching so if you were off one day then you didnt place. Strapless was super fun to watch this year tho, those kids killed it and we acually got some decent size waves (head high maybe some bigger).

Yeah Brandon and Rienstra were the first ones out every time the wind hit 12 knots and started going up. Rienstra was the only one out there a few times, dude was throwing down on a turbine by himself lol. Both of those guys were killing it the whole time I saw them

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:20 am 
mantis
Joe was indeed killing it and always has been! Stoked you noticed that! He is too humble lol and left the contest early because the forecast looked crappy...love it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 pm 
core whore!
dyyylan wrote:
-CORDINA- wrote:
It would've been a tough comp to judge bc everyone was killing it but Brandon and Rinstra rode the hardest and most in my opinion.

Yeah Brandon and Rienstra were the first ones out every time the wind hit 12 knots and started going up. Rienstra was the only one out there a few times, dude was throwing down on a turbine by himself lol. Both of those guys were killing it the whole time I saw them

What so you win if you go kiting the most??? Sounds bizarre. Is it still a mixture of all the aspects of the SSS that make you a winner? I got no idea how it actually works.

p.s. That Joe guy mentioned above sounds fucking rad.

Profile  Offline

Troops online