Kite Scoop Forum

Kite Scoop Forum

Login |  Register

Post subject: 2014 round up
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 pm 
mantis
Anyone else have info on upcoming gear? Interested to see what happens with this strutless kite trend as well as styles/design changes.

Naish 2014

https://www.facebook.com/sensorpixel/photos_stream

2014 lf

north vegas / hadlow pro

Profile  Offline
 Post subject: Re: 2014 round up
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm 
mantis
more liquid force:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm 
mantis
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... permPage=1

More 2014 lf

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 pm 
mantis
I've never understood the raging hard-ons people get every year when "new" gear comes out. I'd be more interested in peoples' thoughts on the 2012/2013 kit so I can go and buy it off some kook that's used it 10 times for 1/3 of the price.

Unless you're getting a 40+% discount for whoring yourself to some shop does anyone actually buy new kites? I understand boots, boards and occasionally bar and lines but not kites!?

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:54 pm 
Blakes wrote:
I've never understood the raging hard-ons people get every year when "new" gear comes out. I'd be more interested in peoples' thoughts on the 2012/2013 kit so I can go and buy it off some kook that's used it 10 times for 1/3 of the price.

Unless you're getting a 40+% discount for whoring yourself to some shop does anyone actually buy new kites? I understand boots, boards and occasionally bar and lines but not kites!?

Go start your own thread asking people about old gear bro. People buy new kites and other gear and that's how this industry stays afloat. And that's the only way we can keep progressing this awesome sport. There's a lot of people with a different frame of mind than you that are passionate about the kiteboarding industry and willing to support it. Besides, I can only get hard when I hear about the latest and greatest gear that's being developed... so does that help you understand how I get a raging hard on a little better? :^o :wink:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 pm 
mantis
k2 wrote:
People buy new kites

No one on this forum does. Most have already been riding 2014 gear. Id like to hear more about that new Tona board tho.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 pm 
mantis
k2 wrote:
And that's the only way we can keep progressing this hobby that keeps me off the streets and away from crack.

What progress have you actually seen in the last 5-7 years though? One pump? That swivel for your centre lines?

All I see is "2014 - What colour boardshorts/wetsuit/harness combos you'll need to match this season's kite colours."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 am 
mantis
I saw and rode the new Naish Antic for a short time, which is going to be their new wakestyle board and liked it. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:44 pm 
mantis
Blakes wrote:

I've never understood the people who come in threads they "don't understand" then passive aggressively try to bash the people interested in the thread's topic. It usually seems like an attempt to delude themselves into thinking they're better than the people in the thread by denigrating a topic the thread-posters are enthusiastic about.

But like I said, I really just don't understand!

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 am 
mantis
Blakes wrote:

Why do people buy new cars when they can get basically the same car for half the price?

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:53 pm 
core whore!
looks at those little girls bitching on the scoop...

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm 
grasshopper
The new Envy's from Liquid Force are a whole new kite. I've been on the 12 meter the past few weeks and it flies so much better then the 2013. Fast, stable, slack when unhooked. Drifts when going down the line and also doesn't Hindenburg out of the sky. If you haven't flown one yet, do yourself a favor and try it. LF stepped up their game this year.

Profile  Offline

Troops online